Your use of our Site and submission of Personal Information online constitutes acceptance and understanding of this Policy as in effect at the time of your submission.
Types of Personal Information We Collect
We do not collect Personal Information from visitors to our Site unless you voluntarily decide to transmit it to us through one of the Site features, provided e-mail addresses or as part of an application. Certain features of our Site may require you or your ISO may be required to create an account. When you create an account with us, we may collect your name, email address, contact information, a username and password that you will use to access your account and other information. In addition, to submit a question, comment, or post to a blog, you may be required to submit your name and email address, and we may also ask you for other optional information, such as your business’s website address.
We also collect the following types of information (Personal or otherwise) through the Site:
- Information submitted on an application;
- Information to verify an individual’s identity (e.g., social security number, an unexpired government identification with a photo, user name and password, etc.);
- Information about your visits to and use of this Site or the websites of third-party servicers to help us maintain the appropriate features, functionality, and user experience;
- Individual and business financial or credit bureau information;
- Personal Information contained in government filings or legal agreements (e.g., corporate formation agreements, business licenses, lease or loan agreements, and business tax returns);
- Any other Personal Information you submit or upload through our Site or to one of our email addresses, including information you post to our Site in a comment, blog or testimonial;
- The website from which you came to our Site and your IP address, browser type and other information related to the device from which you accessed the Site;
- Your or your business’s geolocation, through various GPS or other geolocator tools that use the IP address of your or your ISOs device to detect a user’s location; and
- Information collected through our Site data or an ISO’s new or other data that we receive from other sources, such as public records, and other background information supplied by information services or third parties.
What We Do With the Personal Information Collected
We will use the information you provide us in those communications to evaluate your business’s eligibility for products provided through Credibly, respond to your inquiries, and to provide you with information relating to our company or services that we believe you may find of interest. We may also use that information to market products or services to you.
We may disclose Personal Information to third parties for the following purposes:
- In response to a subpoena or other legal process by a governmental entity or third party, or if otherwise required by law;
- To protect or enforce our rights or property;
- In the event of the sale or dissolution (bankruptcy) of all of our assets, in which case, you will be notified , there after by a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information;
- To our affiliates, subsidiaries and other third parties for marketing, advertising, research or other business purposes;
- To the ISO that referred you to us—for example, in connection with reporting on your progress in the application process or in connection with calculating or reporting on the commission due to the referral source or otherwise;
- To provide information or promotional material that may be of interest to you*;
- To our investors, partners**, or auditors in the course of their review or auditing us;
- To provide products or services requested; and
- To our vendors, who may use the information to further improve their database services to us.
*If, at any time, you would like to stop receiving these promotional e-mails, you may follow the opt-out instructions contained in any such e-mail. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails or promotions from us, we still may send you e-mails about your account, your application or any products or services you have requested or received from us, or for other customer service purposes.
**Certain products may not be available in all states. Certain loan products are made available through Retail Capital LLC, a licensed California Finance Lender.
Cookies and Third-Party Analytics
Social Media Widgets
Credibly takes reasonable steps to safeguard your Personal Information through vigorous physical, electronic, and operational policies and practices. Data can only be read or written through defined service access points, the use of which is password-protected. The physical security of the data is achieved through a combination of network firewalls (there is no direct communication allowed between the database server and the Internet) and servers with operating systems, all housed in a secure facility.
Access to the system is controlled. Employees are granted access to Personal Information on a need-to-know basis in order to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service). We use encryption to protect your Personal Information transmitted online, as well as offline. When we contact you about your account or to confirm a funds transfer, we only reference the last four digits of your social security number. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
We will also ensure the proper disposal of your Personal Information – regardless of the source.
If your personal information changes, or if you no longer want updates or to be contacted for new products, you may correct, update, amend, delete/remove or deactivate your contact information by emailing our Customer Support at email@example.com or by contacting us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below. We will update your file within 30 calendar days.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. However, we may be required to retain your information for an additional amount of time to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and ensure the enforcement of agreements.
Information Posted to Our Site
We also employ session time-outs to protect your account. You will be logged out of the Site automatically after a specified period of inactivity. This time-out feature reduces the risk of others being able to access your account if you leave your computer unattended.
What You Can Do to Protect Your Personal Information
In addition to our own efforts, you can take several precautions to protect the security of your computer and Personal Information. For instance, you should create and use a complex password, using numbers, a combination of small and large capital letters, and special characters. You should avoid using any information that others can easily learn about you, such as your mother’s maiden name, a family member’s name or birthday. We also recommend that you change your password frequently. You should never share your password with anyone, or leave it written down in an unsecure area.
You can also install and regularly update antivirus and firewall software to protect your computer or device from external attacks by malicious users. If you use a computer that can be accessed in a public area (e.g., library, coffee shop, etc.), we recommend that you take special precautions to protect the security of your account and Personal Information. When you are finished visiting our Site, you should log out completely, close the browser window and clear the browser’s cache files.
You should also be aware of fraudulent attempts to gain access to your account information known as “phishing.” Phishing is a tactic used by scammers to lure people to a phony website through the use of a genuine-looking email purporting to be from a legitimate company. Either in the email itself or on this fake website site, scammers will ask for login information to gain access to people’s accounts and withdraw their money. Credibly will never ask you for your login information in the context of any email. In general, you can protect yourself against phishing by never providing login or Personal Information via an email. You should always ensure the Credibly URL that you are provided begins with: http://www.credibly.com or https://www.credibly.com.
Changes to This Policy
1250 Kirts Blvd. Suite 100
Troy, Michigan, 48084
Fax: (888) 371-8950